Saturday, August 23, 2014

Around the world in five plates!!

   Sure, I live in Lesotho but I’ve very been very blessed to visit other places all in the comfort of my tiny hut. And with the convenience of my dinner plate.
   Case in point:

I visit India most Sundays with these curry dishes I make:

I make my own curry powder by mixing 2-3 tablespoons of coriander, tumeric, cumin, ginger, mustard, chili, salt, cinnamon, garlic, onion, cayenne pepper and bay leaves.

Never been to Italy but eating pasta and bread takes me there:
I usually make pasta on Tuesday evenings so I can have it with leftover bread from lunch at school.

Couscous and chic peas are my passports to the Mediterranean:
Chic peas are my fave beans and I can only find them at a grocery store in the capital, Maseru.

   So, I’ve only been to Paris, India, Lesotho, South Africa and Mozambique. But culinarily, I’ve been all over the globe. 
   I get to tick more places off my travel bucket list-even if I’ve only gone there on a plate and not a plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment