Saturday, September 27, 2014

My Peace Corps Service in manicure format!!


   My bosses here always tell me to find coping mechanisms for the tough days of service.
   Not a hard thing for me to do when I have a million and two bottles of nail polish in my little hut:)
   Maintaining my manicures has been a big part of my life here, so I thought it would be really cool to tell the story of my service through my manicures.
   Read on:

About two years ago, I left my career, car and loved ones in America to be an education Peace Corps Volunteer in Lesotho. I now live in a hut called a rondavel:


It has lots of spiders:


The experience has been so raw that I've felt naked at times:



I teach English and Life Skills to primary school students:


Some days are bright and easy peasy:


Other days leave me feeling blue:

...especially during the holiday season when I'm not around my family:(


I've definitely been on an emotional roller coaster:

But I am so grateful for this unique opportunity to serve others with all my heart:


I even still got to inhale my beloved cupcakes:


And see beautiful South African sunsets:

   Painting my nails, especially during my service, really kills two birds with one stone for me.
   It helps me to relax, since I can be a little high-strung. And it is one of my biggest coping mechanisms, behind writing, crafting and reading.
   I'm looking forward to continuing my polish passion when I step on American soil in December:)


No comments:

Post a Comment